I need advice!

So I got a job filming the National Anthem at the Ace's baseball stadium. I have full access to the field and will have a small crew. Now I'm experienced with things like events and live broadcasts but this is new turf for me... Any advice is welcome.

Tap into the singers mic if at all possible - if it's a solo singer. Otherwise see if you can tap into the stadium sound. If it's a large group - a band, for instance - a pair of mics in front and above would be great. If you can do both, the mics and the tap; you only get one shot.

I have friends for CBS, what if I took the sound from them, and just spliced it together? I've done similar things like that!

If you have access that's great, just resync with your field audio. Just make sure that you don't get the booth announcers, field producer, stadium personnel, commercials, etc. on the audio track.

No. Our local CBS station is really patriotic as well as the NBC, but the ABC station would honestly run a commercial or announcement audio during the national anthem.

ROC, I wish. I did get two free tickets so I gave em' to my sister and brother. They were pretty happy.

Back