• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

I need a 35mm lens package - acap (as cheap as possible)!

I am in pre-production for a short I’m producing scheduled for production on 10/29. It’s just an art short that should only take one day to shoot. Our production company has DV camera systems but we also have what my DP calls a “mini 35” system which is basically an adaptor that will allow 35mm film lenses to be attached to the DV camera. However we don’t have our own lenses and have to rent lens kits whenever we use this. I am funding this out of pocket, and the local company’s rate for lens packages are way more than I can pay. I’d really like to use the mini 35 because the picture quality is vastly superior to the standard DV lenses, and I was wondering if anyone had a lens kit with standard PL mounts I could rent for a reasonable price (like $100 / day). We have $1M insurance for rental coverage, and I can pay for shipping if needed. I could also entertain the idea of having you on set if you’re interested or find some other form of alternative compensation. Please email me at film8ker@hotmail.com or PM me if you can help or have any ideas.

Thanks,
Chris

Back