I know nothing about anything

I want to start making my own short films but besides having ZERO experience i know nothing about anything, literally.

I have several scripts but im focusing on one that i can shoot in my house with just one actor due to being simple. Thing is i don't know what lighting i need, i don't know if i should film with audio on or off (The short only has 2 ou 3 lines and most of the sounds i need i can find online).

I really need help guys, this is something i really want to do but i must confess im kinda of slow. I have spent coultless hours reading shit online but im still clueless, nothing beats talking to someone so please help me.

And since i have no budget do you guys think i can just use a couple of small lamps and house lights along with natural lighting from windows?

For now you don't need light, don't need no microphones. All that will confuse you for now. Just grab a camera and put friends inform of the camera. Shoot your movie, and put it together in a free video editor.
This way you will experience general process of making a movie.

The rest will come later.

PS use your phone as a camera too. That's good enough.

Thanks, and i already did that and would love some feedback. I filmed in b&w with my shitty cellphone without recording any audio. 99% of the audio was downloaded online except for the 3 lines i recorded myself. It's bad but it really gave me some insight on what went wrong and what i need to do to improve. Check the link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccOg3q8hzag

Back