• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

I know it's a contradiction in terms, but...Cheap Stock Footage?

Hi, I know it is kinda a contradiction in terms, as stock footage is an expensive business...but does anyone know of any useful sites for an amateur filmmaker to download relatively good quality shots without spending hundreds of dollars/pounds?

I'm not looking for anything specific, it's just something I've always wondered and it would be useful to know. Thanks!

:huh:

archive.org

alot of the images are from old black and white films, but I have yet to just look around to see what they have. I was looking for something in particular at the time, the little theater in my town was doing a stage production of Reefer Madness so I was looking for anything that looked like the 'twilight zone' spiral.

Anyway, it might be worth your while to look around. Plus everything there - I think - is all public domain. Which means you can use this stuff free of charge....

-- spinner :cool:

Footagefirm.com has specials if you've registered to recieve mailings from them about once a month or so, you can get a free DVD (shipping and handling) with some good to go sample clips around a theme. It's a pretty good deal.

I got one a while back, the footage is pretty.

Back