• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

I just had to share this lol

So i was going through some epic movie soundtracks from major films to get an idea what exactly I want to have for my short film so I can talk about it to my composer..
I listened to 300 soundtrack, added the music for reference and BAM!!

i was blown away how freaking epic it is! I wish i could afford to get Tyler Bates for this short film haha

Of course, this music wont be in the final product, but... i just wanted to post it here. Because its freaking awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32hwntJlxdI

I'll put it down in a couple of days though.. no permitions and all.. but damn thats awesome!

Anyways, as always, don't forget to like our production page on Facebook.com/BattleOfThePacific ! :)

Last edited:
Awesome! That kind of epic sound is tough to come by. I wouldn't want to insult your composer, but if there's a delicate way of approaching the subject, I wonder if he'd be willing to mix in his writing with some music from the Pro Scores collection. I wouldn't ever use Pro Scores for an entire movie (even a short), but for a brief scene, if you edit it creatively, I think there's a lot of potential for awesomeness.

I think one way to make it work would be to use Pro Scores percussion (and musical SFX), edit the heck out of it however you like, and have him put non-percussion music on top of that. That way, he wouldn't be forced to follow any particular chord-progressions, or anything else.

Awesome! I both love and hate it when putting a temp track in because when it works so well its heart wretching knowing it cant stay. I've got that at the moment where my antagonist gives a big speech over a montage of people being killed, with the music from Skelator's speech from the Masters of the Universe film over it. Works so well.

Back