• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "I Get Down" Music Video. Solid First Attempt At Doing A Music Vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd3WJkhDTkc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd3WJkhDTkc

This was my very first attempt at a music video, I shot and edited it. I didn't want to worry about coloring and all that so I took the easy route and did it in black & white.

I think it came out pretty decent, and I learned a good amount from the experience of just getting out there and trying to do a music video. I'm still new to the DSLR world as a whole so I hadn't filmed or edited much else on a more serious note till now.

Any feedback or views are definitely appreciated.

New to the forum also, looking forward to picking up as much knowledge as I can from here, and checking out other people's work.

It was good...the problem was that you went B&W without knowing the limitations of B&W. First...it's ok to B&W for effect in a specific cut or to create a certain muted emotion in an otherwise color film, but to B&W the whole thing requires an advanced level of understanding what is going on. Look at the amount of effort Hitchcock put into his films, even the shorts he would do for the TV series.

Basically what I'm saying is that you didn't need to tell anyone you didn't want to bother with color correction because it is obvious by the video it wasn't an artistic choice.

I liked your framing and composition most of the time and the shot choices were good. The only issue I would have is that if he is not looking in the camera for the whole video you need to mix it up more. You can always take the same shot, change angles to both 40 DEG to the right and 45 DEG to the left. Then you have a boat load of footage to choose from for every part of the song.

Back