• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

I feel like I'm subconsciously ripping off "Drive"

So, I watched the film "Drive" for the first time last night, and today I got what I thought was a really good idea for a short film. I began writing and finished a draft. However, towards the end I began to realize that what I was writing was dangerously similar to "Drive." I'd really appreciate if anyone could take a look and tell me how bad it is in that aspect (and also how bad it is in general, I guess).

Note: When I write shorts I usually intend to film them myself so I do not put in detailed descriptions of characters or locations. So I am aware of the problems with that. Also there's a small error I just noticed on page 10...

Anyway, it's called "Support Your Local Sheriff." It's 14 pages, so if you have the time please give it a look: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0ByQmVtqKTSO5NGJvMnV6ck9xNnM

I got through 5 pages, so far its not "ripping off drive" - Plus, it is ok for a film to inspire you to do you own stunt driver film, obviously as long as its not the exact same idea, fans wouldn't like that. You look good

Back