• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "I F*CKING HATE YOU" - a film by SABI

Hey Zak, I really enjoyed your short. Very well done. Can you give us some technical information on the short? Also, how do you get a sponsor like OurStage? Did they contact you or did you contact them?

Hey Zak, I really enjoyed your short. Very well done. Can you give us some technical information on the short? Also, how do you get a sponsor like OurStage? Did they contact you or did you contact them?

sure thing. the film was shot using two Canon HV20 camcorders with 35mm adapters slapped on the front. we intentionally monitored what we were shooting upside down to make it very difficult for the camera op to anticipate what was happening. no dialogue was written and the actors were guided by me with objectives for each scene allowing for some tremendous surprises along the way. it was part of my "experiment" to match the spontaneity of their performances with seemingly spontaneous camerawork.

the sponsorship with ourstage came my way through a sales agent who gets 10% of the revenue. they are also getting us on hulu.com, amazon vod, etc.

I thought it was beautifully shot!

As for OnStage, they are ALL OVER myspace, and it seems that there is a group for most large cities. For example, even though I have not yet gotten involved with OnStage, I have them as 'friends' for both Chicago and Detroit so I get updates and bulletins. I added them on the chance that I might be able to find the time to go over the whole program.

I was a little leery of getting involved with them, so many things turn out to be scams or just great big nothings. Zak, can you post a little about your experience with them when you get a chance?

-- spinner :cool:

Back