I can't hook up a blue ray to my monitor.

My monitor has an HDMI cable but when I plug in a blue ray player, nothing happens, and the instructions do not say what to do in this event. Any ideas?

er, my mistake, you are talking monitor.

If you are sending signal from your blu-ray player, the monitor should detect it and display it. Unless your monitor has some settings where you can select the HDMI input, which is the only issue I could think of

Last edited:
gooooooooooogulllllllllll iiiiiiiiiiiitttttttt
cubicleman.gif

Okay thanks but I googled it for a couple of hours yesterday and could not find why it would not be displaying particularly, if the monitor still has an HDMI. I'm still looking but cannot find my particular problem.

No. I asked the person at the store, if can you plug in a blue ray and they said yeah, cause of the HDMI port. I remember the box said you could to, so if the box said that, I feel ripped off. I mean what's the point of putting an HDMI port on there, if you cannot even hook up a blue ray player? That's like buying a coffee grinder, and the machine refuses, cause it doesn't approve of what beans you have bought.

Just because noone else has asked; did you use the controls on the monitor to select your HDMI input or were you expecting it to auto-switch when you turned on the blu-ray player?

Also, the salesperson may be misinformed. Just google the make/model of your monitor and see if it supports HDCP. This might even be indicated on the box and/or stickers they put on the monitors before boxing them up.

As to the point? I have a (rarely used) x360 sitting on my desk that also connects to my computer monitor. Camera HDMI outputs would also like to say "Hello From Those HDMI Inputs on your Monitor are Kinda Useful Land." ;)

Back