i am stuck...

after making few shorts during past years, i got started shooting a first time feature-length docu film as soon as i received a small grant.

a seasoned composer from local was immediately hired for this project, partly because i had no other options in this small town, and i wanted to work with him face to face, and thought i'd have a great adventage of working with an artist who lives in my next door.

i was wrong. i should have looked for other possibilties as well.
while greatly appreciating for what he has written for my film, i now realized that he's not the artist i was looking for. he'd be a great musician, but his music just doesn't handsomely work for my visual.

a small amount of compensation was already given to him for the endeavor he's made because i hate the free mentality. i think he deserve since wrote twice, but i am not very satisfiled with yet.

i may not ask him for re-writing music. some important deadlines are quickly approaching.
i may look for another composer, and start over especially the music part which would make him very upset... i am stuck.

any suggestions?

There are a few good composers offering their music for free.

Alternatively look through myspace. There are a lot of independant composers there who'd love have their music used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Urgent_Film Score Needed

me again,

the composer said it would take another month or more to get his piece rehearsed and recorded, and wouldn't mind if i use other music for the film.
good. i simply have no time to wait for it. done.

since some important fest deadlines are quickly approaching, and i assume that it's nearly impossible for someone writes a piece of music in this given time. so, it'd be reasonable to seek for some of your existing music for the film.

i appreciate all types of music although i have certain preference, but i LEAVE it to you.
the rough trailer can be viewed at
http://www.wku.edu/~joon.sung/englishes/

"looking for a long term collegue who's willing to write music for my future projects as well, and has a passion and enthusiasm for filmmaking especially low-budget indies"

thanks for reading, and looking forward hearing from you soon.

joon

Last edited:
Back