• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Hunter St Short Film-Please give me your honest feedback

Sound design and music are really good! Your dialog in the cars might have some comb filtering issues -- you might want to check it through a phase scope and see if you can adjust the mix; later in the movie the dialog levels can get a little inconsistent. Also, in the car sequence ca. 10:15 -- the "room tone" changes too much between camera shots and the fades are quite obvious, i understand it is a time-lapse but the rapid changes are distracting.

You should foley in some sounds for the apple, and the beginning of the fight. The fighting sounds you do have seem a little lacking -- perhaps replace those as well?

The eagle-eye pan effect is really cool, but does not seem smooth or as organic as the down-the-steet pans. Some of the interior car shots seemed a little dark.

Cool twist at the end.

Sound design and music are really good! Your dialog in the cars might have some comb filtering issues -- you might want to check it through a phase scope and see if you can adjust the mix; later in the movie the dialog levels can get a little inconsistent. Also, in the car sequence ca. 10:15 -- the "room tone" changes too much between camera shots and the fades are quite obvious, i understand it is a time-lapse but the rapid changes are distracting.

You should foley in some sounds for the apple, and the beginning of the fight. The fighting sounds you do have seem a little lacking -- perhaps replace those as well?

The eagle-eye pan effect is really cool, but does not seem smooth or as organic as the down-the-steet pans. Some of the interior car shots seemed a little dark.

Cool twist at the end.

Thank you for your detailed feedback. I really appreciate your comments. Let me know if you are interested in helping with the post. I can send you the cut of the movie and can you fix the sound issues? I don't know how much you charge but this was made by a bunch of volunteers so I paid them as much I can. My friend is the editor and he did the sound effects. I can give you 50$ just for a quick fix of the sound issues. I know it is low but you let me know how much you want. If I really liked it may be we can work together in my next film.

Vijay

Back