How/where to get forms like "Filmmakers agreement"? "Talent Release Forms"?

How/where to get forms like "Filmmakers agreement"? "Talent Release Forms"?

To apply with my film, I am required by the project to deliver these forms:

1. Properly executed Filmmaker Agreement

2. Properly executed Talent Release Forms

3. And also if applicable, Music Rights Clearance Forms.

4. Full content clearance.

So how are these suppose to look? Is there a website with standard forms of these kinds? Also, I am in the EU and am applying with my film to a project in the US.

Tried searching but haven't found much yet.

Thanks!

I looked at Sonny Boo's site. I didn't find what I'm looking for. I am planning a shot that will require 25-50 extras in a public location. I was wondering if I should have a "Hold Harmless Agreement," and a "Talent Release Form" for the extras. This will be a college film, and I have no insurance, in case someone is injured.

look again

Thanks

I looked at Sonny Boo's site. I didn't find what I'm looking for. I am planning a shot that will require 25-50 extras in a public location. I was wondering if I should have a "Hold Harmless Agreement," and a "Talent Release Form" for the extras. This will be a college film, and I have no insurance, in case someone is injured.

That actor contract is a "talent release form", as well as the other actor release form on the list. There's also all the music agreements you originally asked for, as well as a NOTICE OF FILMING you could post, which is what reality shows put up in public places so they can use people's faces from where ever they shoot.

Peter, is it entirely legal to put a form like this up without actually notifying local authorities/council?

http://www.sonnyboo.com/downloads/noticeoffilming.pdf

Just curious, I've never put one of these up or asked for permission even, but I generally try not to shoot those of the public. I had no idea forms of these kind existed

It's based on 2-3 forms that FOX TELEVISION PRODUCTIONS legal department used when I worked for them (freelance), so I will say I am not an attorney, but if they work for national networks lawyers, then you're probably safe.

Peter, is it entirely legal to put a form like this up without actually notifying local authorities/council?

http://www.sonnyboo.com/downloads/noticeoffilming.pdf

Just curious, I've never put one of these up or asked for permission even, but I generally try not to shoot those of the public. I had no idea forms of these kind existed

It's based on 2-3 forms that FOX TELEVISION PRODUCTIONS legal department used when I worked for them (freelance), so I will say I am not an attorney, but if they work for national networks lawyers, then you're probably safe.

I think Fox would most certainly have gotten permits and permission from locations to use them before these were even drawn up for the actual filming.

It's fine for people - ie if you want to alert peiople that by 'stepping into x area, they agree to be filmed', but in as much as using it to attempt to use a location you haven't asked permission for, you might struggle a bit.

Some locations will specifically ask you to put these signs up.

I think Fox would most certainly have gotten permits and permission from locations to use them before these were even drawn up for the actual filming.

Doing freelance for AMERICAN IDOL auditions, etc. - yes they got permission from the location, but that is not what we were talking about, as in no one anywhere said anything about location agreements. To cover their ass solely for people walking in and out of the background - all they used was a few of those posted in about 4 places in the public and they considered anyone in the shots legally covered.

Doing freelance for AMERICAN IDOL auditions, etc. - yes they got permission from the location, but that is not what we were talking about, as in no one anywhere said anything about location agreements. To cover their ass solely for people walking in and out of the background - all they used was a few of those posted in about 4 places in the public and they considered anyone in the shots legally covered.

Ah, I misunderstood.

I'm just going to add my 2 cents. A 'hold harmless agreement' would never stand up if you don't have insurance. If someone falls and breaks their neck as a result of your filming in a public location, you will be liable. No matter how many forms one signs, you must show due diligence - this would include having insurance, first aid, and appropriate safety teams depending on what you are filming and how many people you are wrangling.

As for contracts, before you modify one off the internet and throw your name on it, make sure you understand it. There are lots of free contracts out there and I have seen very few that are good. If you are planning on making lots of films, a $100 investment into 'Showbiz Contracts for the Film & TV Industry' from the Mark Litwak is a worthy one. Also, check to see if any of your local film co-ops or your college will add your location as an additional insured party on their policy so you can get a legit permit or location release. Many will do this for a small fee.

I know it is daunting, but it is worth the trouble and really sets you above the herd of low budget filmmakers. All the best!

Back