movies How to Sell my Shorts and Features on My Site per Download?

I am wanting to start selling my shorts and features from my site, direct downloads. Anyone has any information on how to do this? Thanks.

You might check out Gumroad or Reelhouse. (When you calculate your price, don't forget the per-transaction fee!) Promotion, as always, is up to you.

Ray, you mentioned this to me. It looks like I would have to sell from their site. Not what I'm looking for. I want my movies downloaded(pay per view) from my site.

One thing to consider, people today can be gun shy about purchasing from a private party website unless that company is known and established. I understand wanting to keep as much control over the sales process as possible (and the profits), but I wonder if you wouldn't actually make more money using an established platform to sell the film, even if you're having to split profits.

One thing to consider, people today can be gun shy about purchasing from a private party website unless that company is known and established. I understand wanting to keep as much control over the sales process as possible (and the profits), but I wonder if you wouldn't actually make more money using an established platform to sell the film, even if you're having to split profits.
I know, I'm not saying I wouldn't use another platform, just want to add this feature to my site. I'm sure I can find someone to do this for me, but I'm going to first see if there's a software for this.

The fact is that the general public (after family and friends), will not go to your private website, therefore they will not buy your film. Are you famous? Why would they go to your website? In reality, you need to have someone else sell your film...if they can. You need to first have your film accepted by a professional website/distributor such as TUBI-TV, PLUTO, AMAZON or whatever, (who will promote your film for you), and then you can link to them on your private website for sales purposes. Their catalog will put your film in front of thousands of potential customers worldwide. (Which your private website can never do). With a professional distributor, if people like your film, they will download it, and the streaming service will handle all of the download mechanics and give you an honest accounting. We have been doing this for a long time, and would recommend FILMHUB as a good alternative to trying to distribute the film yourself. Our own website has gone nowhere...

Last edited:
The fact is that the general public (after family and friends), will not go to your private website, therefore they will not buy your film. Are you famous? Why would they go to your website? In reality, you need to have someone else sell your film...if they can. You need to first have your film accepted by a professional website/distributor such as TUBI-TV, PLUTO, AMAZON or whatever, (who will promote your film for you), and then you can link to them on your private website for sales purposes. Their catalog will put your film in front of thousands of potential customers worldwide. (Which your private website can never do). With a professional distributor, if people like your film, they will download it, and the streaming service will handle all of the download mechanics and give you an honest accounting. We have been doing this for a long time, and would recommend FILMHUB as a good alternative to trying to distribute the film yourself. Our own website has gone nowhere...
Wow. smh.

Back