How to market our new movie

Hello everyone,

I was hoping to get some feedback on how we should raise funds and promote our upcoming movie. I've been hitting a lot of indie film sites, but not a lot offer uploading. Anyone have some fresh ideas on what sites will offer a spot to upload movies for free.

We have a previous short film from our very talented Director/Writer Michael Poitevin which Ive uploaded to some video sharing sites for some traction. But I still cant find any popular indie movie sites that I can upload my video to.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

This is the movie we are trying to promote:
http://oneganeshproductions.com/strange-days.html

This is a past movie from the same Director/Writer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN4d_Snl0kU

Thanks everyone

I’ll take a blind stab at it. Who is your ideal demographic for the film? What 10,000 people would really want to see this? Perhaps softly put yourself in front of them for an extended period of time without pissing them of. Or is this a purely labor of love made for yourself?

I was hoping to get some feedback on how we should raise funds and promote our upcoming movie. I've been hitting a lot of indie film sites, but not a lot offer uploading. Anyone have some fresh ideas on what sites will offer a spot to upload movies for free.

We have a previous short film from our very talented Director/Writer Michael Poitevin which Ive uploaded to some video sharing sites for some traction. But I still cant find any popular indie movie sites that I can upload my video to.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

First, I think you really need to work on your communication skills. "How to market our new movie" implies that the movie is complete and you need to work out how to raise funds to market it. I look at it and it seems that you're looking for development funds for a drama. I'm not sure if it's some language barrier, but promoting and funding a movie is different. It's best to be up front and clear on what you're trying to do.

Advice:
First, you need a producer. Someone who will vet and hone your story, know how to market this idea to people who may be interested in having this film made. After that's all sorted, if your producer needs an executive producer to raise the funds, then go find an executive producer(s) who can raise the funds.

I just recently listened to some training material that may be worth you considering getting. It's called Get The Gold - Bankroll. It might help push you in the right direction. While I wouldn't suggest this to experienced producers, it sounds like it'd help you: http://www.bankrollthebook.com/gtg.htm Cost $129.95.

There was another one that I came across that have a couple of free classes with questionable quality: http://www.filmfinancemasterclass.com/freelesson/. He boasts that he'll teach you how he raised $8mil to make his movie. His whole purpose is to get you to purchase his class for $1000 though so be aware of that.

There is also a class called 2 Day Film School by Dov Simmens.

All those courses pretty much tell you two things. That you need to approach people with money and work out a win/win situation with them and you need a script worth making. Their methods differ slightly but all are worth considering doing.

One big mistake I constantly see is filmmakers approaching other broke filmmakers to finance their film. If you want money to make your film, you'll need to talk with people who have money who are willing to finance your film. Where do you find them depends on you, your contacts and your film.

Drama's are notoriously hard to get funded as they're typically hard to get worthwhile distributed, especially if your director/producer doesn't have a track record of making dramas that have returned profits for the investors.

Good luck!

you can market your movie at OMS

Its a free portal for filmmakers to reach buyers and acquisition managers. Its free, so once the movie is complete and you have a trailer, you can then register it at offmyshelf.com

Back