• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch How to improve this video?

Hi, I recently got a canon 600d so I decided to make a little video of my friend rapping. I am new in the film making and I would like to know how can I improve this video. I use Final Cut Pro X for the cuts. Thank you for your time. By the way I'm french so sorry for the mistakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp8rkRhdwL4

Last edited:
Hey tacomca,
First the footage is looking really clean and nice
Just a couple of suggestions i have to kick it up a notch:
1) add more cuts. for a music video, try to put more energy by adding more cuts.
2) add more movement. maybe trying adding a little but more camera movement when shooting (I know rolling shutter is a deal breaker on that sometimes) but try adding position key frames in final cut maybe?
3) Play around with the color correction. There's tons of tutorials out there, but to start, take a look at the curves and experiment. A simple "S" shaped curves adjustment can do a lot.
Hopefully that helps you out!
bonne chance!
-Matt

This obviously isn't a "booty-shake" rap. There is plenty of material for small narrative scenes that illustrate what he's rapping about.

Back