• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

How to create comedy scripts

I used to create Scripts for Animation Company
but i finds it difficult to create comedy scripts,
As in Animations we see there are surprises
every min, is there anyway tip/trick/method,
i badly need

Thanks in Advance

I notice that your location is India. My only caution is that humor is very culture sensitive. What is funny in one country or culture is not true of another. This is especially true when the topic involves religion. The most common approach to humor is to take an everyday situation then introduce miscommunication or thwarted efforts towards a goal that spirals out of control. In my opinion, comedy is the most difficult genre to write because timing and pacing needs to be well planned. Good luck.

Best thing you can do is read and study the scripts of good comedy films, take note of how the scenes are set up, the descriptions, the dialogue, and the structure.

Of course you also have to have a good sense of humor yourself. Do your friends find you funny, are people at parties amused by your stories, jokes, and observations? Comedy is subjective, but at the same time, people generally all can recognize and appreciate "funny," and you either have "it" or you don't.

Thanks Sweetie, FantasySciFi, redcarpetmedia,
i agree with your ideas, they are very helpful,

i will follow these
- studying others scripts taking notes
- concern about the culture,
- use miscommunication,
- remove what is not funny,

also what i found
- is to be in good mood, (this helps me be more
creative and create more funny things,)

i just want to know
is there a hard work way or a trick
book, habit, something which work
for all time,
a pattern a way to thinking?

Those who r funny has a good advantage,
but those who are not
what they should do?

is it achievable with hard work?

itoocg.blogspot.com

It's hard work.
It's not easy.
A few funny ugly remarks is one thing.
True comedy is another.

Also, you should consider the differences in the kinds of comedy, juvenile children's humor, pysical humor, awkward situations, adult situations, dark or black comedy, romantic comedy, etc.

Determine your audience first.
Write and create to their expectations.

Good luck and best wishes!

I agree with pretty much everything that's been said. There are no tricks involved. It takes hard work. Of course, it helps a lot to have a great sense of humor. But the skill and craft of writing comedy can be learned, many people have done it (with varying degrees of success.) In fact, even if you are already a funny person, it's still a good idea to use the same techniques to hone your craft and make the best jokes possible.

My number one tip for writing comedy is to write from a place of truth. If you're making stuff up because it sounds like it will be funny, it's not going to work. It needs to come from a real place, typically a place of tragedy. Remember, we laugh because it hurts too much to cry.

There's really only one book I would recommend to someone who wants to 'learn' comedy and that's 'The Comedy Bible' by Judy Carter (yes, women are funny, and be sure to suckerpunch anyone who says otherwise)

Of course, I don't actually need that book because I'm naturally hilarious. ;)

There's really only one book I would recommend to someone who wants to 'learn' comedy and that's 'The Comedy Bible' by Judy Carter (yes, women are funny, and be sure to suckerpunch anyone who says otherwise)

Of course, I don't actually need that book because I'm naturally hilarious. ;)
Much like the movie 'SuckerPunch.'

sucker-punch-2011.jpg

rofl2.gif

Thanks rayw & Dreadylocks
for your guide,

raww you said well there is difference in humour
(Also, you should consider the differences in the kinds of comedy, juvenile children's humor, pysical humor, awkward situations, adult situations, dark or black comedy, romantic comedy, etc.)

This is a real fact, which i have not thought

thanks Dreadylocks
for telling me about the book
read the book
'The Comedy Bible' by Judy Carter

i found it on amzon
http://www.amazon.com/Comedy-Bible-Stand-up-Sitcom-Ultimate/dp/0743201256

is there online resources,
or are there any youtube videos
that can help

Back