How Much Should I Charge To Film Sports?

Hi, I was approached to film 3 sports games (about 2 hours each) and edit them to give back to the coach of the teams for training purposes. I have never done "client" work before let alone for sports. What should I charge per hour?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l91ISfcuzDw

It's a piece of string question. What will the client agree to what is acceptable? What will you agree is acceptable? If you overlap, that's the range where you ask. If there's no overlap, then no number will be right.

I'm not sure where Jack Johnston, but prices are different region to region. You may be happy with $15/hr. It seems too cheap to me, but if you're getting started it might be a good starting point.

If that is your aim, perhaps start by asking for $20/hr and be willing to go down to $15, or put in some extra time etc.

I'm not sure where Jack Johnston, but prices are different region to region. You may be happy with $15/hr. It seems too cheap to me, but if you're getting started it might be a good starting point.

If that is your aim, perhaps start by asking for $20/hr and be willing to go down to $15, or put in some extra time etc.
That sounds like a good idea, thanks. I don't know what you mean by region but I do live in Ausralia if that means anything.

This is a massive ball ache. Firstly, you have to get 'into' the action meaning you will need to walk onto the pitch.

If this is something like rugby, you cannot simply run up and down the touchline, you will need cameras in different locations.

I'd suggest $200 USD for the first camera and $200 USD USD for each camera and camera op thereafter plus expenses per match and look to GoPro the ref if it is something like rugby.

I don't think they are looking for a professional broadcast here. Just training videos. A lot of sports teams, are just looking for game film, so that they can watch with the team to point things out. Typically this is the rawest form of video, single camera, single location and just panning across the field/court. The editing would be super minimal, just cutting out breaks in the action. 15 dollars an hour is fair.

I don't think they are looking for a professional broadcast here. Just training videos. A lot of sports teams, are just looking for game film, so that they can watch with the team to point things out. Typically this is the rawest form of video, single camera, single location and just panning across the field/court. The editing would be super minimal, just cutting out breaks in the action. 15 dollars an hour is fair.

I think this is indeed the case.
The OP needs to find that if that is indeed the case.
A possible option could: 1 camera covering the whole field (because strategy of a game is not only about where the action is) and one camera following the action. This can be done by one person.

But if 15 dollars is below minimum wages (remember: he is in Australia, not USA) it is not really fair, but the OP has to make his own decision about that.

Break it down.

With audio? (add money because you need an audio guy)
In 4k or hd? (4k takes longer to transfer and therefore edit)
How long is the final cut? 10 min or 20 or 30? (the longer the cheaper = less editing)
Travel cost?
Parking cost?
one time thing? recurring?
insurance?
tax?

I can tell you what I charge for a music vid. So, for example, as I am only an amateur, I'd only charge £250 per day for my time plus all the elements necessary for the vid unless the concept was so compelling that I absolutely had to do it.

For example, I have a music vid which will take me 4, full days to shoot and edit but I am only charging £500 in total plus £125 for any, additional edit. The reason is it could be so amazing, so incredible, so stunning that it will be the centrepiece of my website and eclipse anything else I have ever done.

So how many days?

Back