• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

How is this program for FX?

Yep, it's just stock footage.

Each clip is pre-keyed, so you can just drop it on top of your own footage in After Effects. And, from what I've seen, they don't work properly with any other software (at least Vegas, maybe not Premiere). I believe you have to key out the black, which leaves the effect lookin a bit 'flimsy'.

Its not a program but i have it, I love it works great you can see use of it on my youtube acount. The video called "brettzdaman productons animation". In the package it comes with more than great footage!

Each clip is pre-keyed, so you can just drop it on top of your own footage in After Effects. And, from what I've seen, they don't work properly with any other software (at least Vegas, maybe not Premiere). I believe you have to key out the black, which leaves the effect lookin a bit 'flimsy'.

learn your tools, (not saying you, but your repeating miss informaiton)
Vegas doesn't automatically detect the alpha channel, so the background behind overlays, lower thirds, transitions and motion design elements are not transparent and appear black.

To get Vegas to detect the alpha:

1. Drop the overlay into a track above your video.
2. Right-click the overlay and select Properties.
3. From the Alpha channel drop down (or on the Media tab), select Straight (unmatted).

Thanks, Wheat. That's good to know. I don't own Action Essentials, but I had been put off by the idea that I'd have to purchase AE, which I don't own either! Maybe I could get it then, if I ever thought of a use for it!

Yeah I know it was already pre-recorded footage, so program was the wrong word. Thanks for the input. I want to use it for some explosion scenes mainly, if it will do the job well. So I need Sony Vegas then, or will this work with Final Cut or Adobe?

Yeah I know it was already pre-recorded footage, so program was the wrong word. Thanks for the input. I want to use it for some explosion scenes mainly, if it will do the job well. So I need Sony Vegas then, or will this work with Final Cut or Adobe?

Did you even bother reading the page you linked? It clearly states the programs it's compatible with. Can you do nothing for yourself?

Good point, thanks. My bad. I'm just mentally pre-occupied with a script I'm working on, as well as some other movie making related stuff, that for some reason I haven't been thinking of doing some things lately. Not lazy, just pre-occupied and haven't been thinking of things lately. I'm looking on the site right now. Plus a lot of sites that advertise products leave stuff out, and it turns out that there are catches and exemptions later. So a lot of times, even though it may say it does something, there could be a catch, which is why I have been asking a lot of questions about products lately. I don't wanna get screwed again, on a catch after a couple already.

Last edited:

Okay well I'll order it. Any other tips that are not on the link will be greatly appreciated. Thanks people.

Back