• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

How is my idea for a short film?

One main actor.3-4 mins .ONE LOCATION.ONE SCENARIO.
Theme: The insecurity and fearful mind of a Paranoid person.
Backstory: Jeff and Matt are 2 friends.Jeff is just back from a brutal accident.It is pretty evident from his injured face.
Matt invites Jeff for an early Morning Jog at the embankment nearby.Despite being reluctant initially,Jeff decides to go.He asks these stupid questions of what do these joggers wear,how do I start,etc..i.e,He is insecure.He thinks everyone around are mock at him probably.
The movie begins like t his:
Jeff looks suspicious.Some one following him.He is to dodge him,but still it appears as if he is being followed.So Jeff slowly,reduces his pace and suddenly gets out of the way,that's when his follower jumps on to the guy who was ahead of Jeff.
turns out,those guys were friends.The guy behind Jeff was doing something like a surprise bump on the guy ahead of Jeff.
then,he is jogging on the track,Then he observes couple of them give him a weird look.He thinks something's wrong with the way he is jogging.(Actually,he isn't jogging perfectly either.But not weird.).So he is just observes couple of them jog ,how their body language is.
He is adjusting his shoes while sitting on the bench and then,the guy sitting next to him politely asks how his jog has been going on
He is just not into a conversation mood right now,so just gets up and keeps moving.
our guy Jeff is not left free now.He turns around ,finds that guy on bench(lets call him X) following him or observing him
He is totally intrigued by X,now after little more tension build up,he looks around.There are people everywhere.He is like the centre of attraction (he feels that way)
He is frantically sweating,and still that X guy is like following him.Jeff fed up starts to escape.He runs away.Now,X is also running behind calling ,calling Jeff.
Jeff is not assertive that X is behind him for something.He is running away,and then,he bumps into his friend Matt.
Matt explains everything.He particularly asked Jeff to come to the jog because,he wanted Jeff to meet up his Psychiatrist neighbour,who happens to be X.
______________________________________…
That's it. Please be honest in your critique.
Is it boring or interesting or silly?Let me know.

It sounds interesting for a super short film. You definitely have some fun moments to explore with the camera. One thing though, the way you've described it here I think Matt's character comes out of nowhere. If we are not introduced to him in the beginning, do you have any other plans on how we know who he is so it doesn't confuse the audience when he all of a sudden becomes an important character?

Back