How can I do this? :(

http://vimeo.com/28885242

I got canon 60D
tamron 17-50 lens
and I got Twixtor plug-in - using sony vegas 12

I filmed something similar just now with 4000 shutter speed 2.8 and 1000iso and used 2 box lights and the effect wasn't like this but very blurry and jumpy :( - am not gonna share as it is too shit to bother lol

Keep the 60fps
Keep your aperture wide open as possible
Try it with a much slower shutter speed to increase the desirable phase-blur between each frame.
Try one at 500, then 300, then 180 or thereabouts.

IDK what to make of the lighting. And I don't know diddly about Sony Vegas, but you might not be able to slow down as much as you want if your camera's max fps is 60.

I've yet to try slo-mo on any of my projects, so I'm interested in learning what you find out.

Also, I'm pretty sure the vimeo example was shot at a much higher fps rate than 60.

I recommend you to watch twixtor-vegas tutorials on youtube. There are a lot of good videos teaching how to get the smooth slow motion. You have to configure it properly, but it works. Specially with 60fps footage.

Also, try to always keep your background clean and defocused. Twixtor works calculating the edges of a subject in motion. Sharp details on background will make it hard to keep the consistency - the same for bad lighting. If the subject have a better light than the background, twixtor can understand the difference betwen them.

Last edited:
I recommend you to watch twixtor-vegas tutorials on youtube. There are a lot of good videos teaching how to get the smooth slow motion. You have to configure it properly, but it works. Specially with 60fps footage.

Also, try to always keep your background clean and defocused. Twixtor works calculating the edges of a subject in motion. Sharp details on background will make it hard to keep the consistency - the same for bad lighting. If the subject have a better light than the background, twixtor can understand the difference betwen them.

yeah I tried to find some good tutorials but most of them only show how to "slow" the speed rather than how to configure etc... :(

Hmm. I already did it on Vegas, but a long time ago. Currently I use twixtor with After Effects. I will try to research to remember this settings and post here.

edit: but anyway, your footage is the kind of difficult to twixtor process it. You are too much close from the background, and the light is very low. Try to make some experiences using your hand well lighted with the background well defocused.

Last edited:
"filmed something similar" ?

Oh man, how can you even compare what you shot to what he shot ?

Your shot is underexposed, unfocused and doesn't have ay kind of depth of field.

Try something much simpler, like just focusing on a hand movement in a close up.

And 1000 ISO ? What the hell dude, get that shutter down a bit. You do need it as high as possible but not if takes your ISO to 1k.

"filmed something similar" ?

Oh man, how can you even compare what you shot to what he shot ?

Your shot is underexposed, unfocused and doesn't have ay kind of depth of field.

Try something much simpler, like just focusing on a hand movement in a close up.

And 1000 ISO ? What the hell dude, get that shutter down a bit. You do need it as high as possible but not if takes your ISO to 1k.

LOL.. ermmm I KNOW !.... I didnt mean I made same thing I meant the jumping LMAO :P - People dont understand me :(

I am new to all the technical stuff so thats why I play around and... yeah :P

I had my shutter speed to the maximum 4000 and 2.8 I needed higher ISO cuz it looked to dark...

I think what I have to do is play with it more :)

Is your aperture at 2.8 is that what you mean?

Also you don't need your shutter speed at 4000. As RayW said, a musher lower value will still do the tric. And that way your ISO doesn't have to bumped up so much.

As Fernando and TheArtist said try to get some DOF going as it will help Twixtor. If you haven't found a good tutorial yet, keep looking!

Arenyou sure you shot in 60fps? Not sure if Vegas accepts it though, I've barely used it

Back