• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Housebreaking, a short home invasion thriller

This is our pre-thesis film at the University of Texas at Austin, a home invasion thriller called Housebreaking.

http://vimeo.com/jkerfeld/housebreaking

Excited to hear thoughts and feedback! :) There's a few things that bug me out a little bit but I'd love to discuss it if there are any questions or comments.

We're in the process of gearing up for our graduate thesis film, an action-revenge thriller called Tears at Dawn. The film is going to be anchored by several brutal and exciting knife fights with a character who is trained in the deadly Filipino art of Escrima and Kali. We'd like to invite you to read more about the short film here: http://indiegogo.com/tearsatdawn

Excited to hear thoughts and feedback! :) There's a few things that bug me out a little bit but I'd love to discuss it if there are any questions or comments.

Is one of those things the fact that not one interior practical light appears to be working in this mansion? :hmm:

Very well done, overall. :cool:

Nice short film, I enjoy the screenplay and the direction but so much more could of been done with this. I believe it finished too soon, wouldn't you say?

@zensteve -- hahahaha! never thought about that. We wanted to go for a stylized and moody feel. Didn't want too much light, but you're right...we see A LOT of practicals that aren't on. :)

@QualityHD - I agree. I wanted to make it longer but it was getting out of control. Maybe it's something to explore in a larger form. The ending was re-written/re-shot and its one of the biggest bummers of the whole thing for me -- a film that is so concrete shouldn't depart on such an interpretive note. However, a lot of comments I have received from others show me that a great majority "get it."

I take your comment as a compliment. Can't tell you how many films I've sat in where I kept asking myself "when is this going to be over?" The fact that you were along for the ride and wanted more when it stopped is a good thing IMHO. ;)

Thanks so much for checking it out!

Back