• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch House of Wolves - There She Goes [post-rock, lesbians, laser-eyed horses]]

Hey, the title says it all :).

I always aim for horror in all of my work but this time - on a very short notice- I decided to come up with something rather surreal than sad and scary. And so we have "There she goes" where I aimed for this vintage look with a lot of film grain, and many surreal images like dolls head hanging in the bushes, mentioned above laser-eyed horses and let's not forgert our beautiful female friends kissing like there is no tomorrow ;).

Anyways, I hope you'll enjoy it guys, "House of Wolves" is an amazing band, trust me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtRECwDuyAw

or vimeo

http://vimeo.com/32448053

Last edited:
Thanks, Rayw :)! Damn, what's wrong with my youtube link??

Do it like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtRECwDuyAw[/yt
then add the close bracket at the end. ;)

And you didn't provide the password to the vimeo link.

And your banned portal commercial is a hoot!

That's so cool, actually lots of people find it too disturbing for their tastes; glad you like it, I consider it hot too ;).
Too disturbing?
Pfft. Creampuffs.
Maybe if she was rutting on a toaster, flames bursting from her ears, blood clots plopping from her mouth while smoking batteries or spark plugs ejected from her anus I'd find that mildly disturbing.
Otherwise... nah. Just fun.

Last edited:
Wow, it works :).

When it comes to password, Rey - lead of House of Wolves requested one just for a few days just now so I guess we'll have to stick with the youtube version as for now.

Haha, you like the Banned Portal one? That's so cool, actually lots of people find it too disturbing for their tastes; glad you like it, I consider it hot too ;).

"Maybe if she was rutting on a toaster, flames bursting from her ears, blood clots plopping from her mouth while smoking batteries or spark plugs ejected from her anus I'd find that mildly disturbing."

Now that sounds like an AWESOME idea for my new video :P

I don't care for the exploitation of lesbians you're using to get attention for your film. Others will not like it either. You're free to do what you want, but setting a higher bar than this would be a better contribution to society.

a BRIEF civil aside here

I don't care for the exploitation of lesbians you're using to get attention for your film. Others will not like it either. You're free to do what you want, but setting a higher bar than this would be a better contribution to society.

If it's okay with you, I'd appreciate a BRIEF civil aside here on what I consider a valid and understandable position you've brought up.

When do you, or others here, consider (100% opinion or informed opinion, whichever) it exploitive - and - when does it simply respect that not everyone is a freaking hetero and really media such as this simply acknowledges that this demographic should have more representation?

If it was a boyfriend/girlfriend would there be an issue?

Older woman/younger man?

Mixed race relationship?

Trannies?

Transgendered?

Etc.

All those wildly misunderstood and oppressed by the overly conservative.

I find it... complicated... that certain demographics want two seemingly contradictory goals:
#1 - equal rights and respect, just like anyone and everyone else which entitles them to the same freedoms
#2 - you can't notice them

You can't or shouldn't either hide them - or - show them.

Well... !!!! Geeeeze!!!! Pick one, would ya!

Here's two females expressing affection.
Fine by me.
Gopherbroke.
I don't really care.
It's been long part of humanity.
Deal.

But they should neither be hid - nor - shown.

GAHHHH!!!!

When is it good?
When is it bad?
Where's the boundary?

The other day I ran across youtube groups for latex... enthusiasts.
LMAO, I think they're freaks, but I respect their right to do whatever the h3ll they want as consenting adults. I really don't care.
Some of the BDSM and suspension freaks are bizarre, but whateverfloatsyerrboat.
(Mind you, I think hunters freezing their a$$es off in tree stands to poke holes in deer trying to get laid is pretty absurd, as well).

So, at what point is a cinema product respecting and acknowledging they have a place in our society - and - at what point are they being exploited as... a novelty to be ridiculed by those with... narrower, more constrained perspectives?

I'd hate to try something with good intentions only to have those that it intends to respect find it offensive for simply acknowledging their existence as being on parallel with anyone else.

Last edited:
"Exploitation of lesbians" - oh... my... god... Are you for real :D?
This is nothing more than a wacky video for an extremely great song and that's it. As I said - I'm a man of horror but this time I wanted to shoot something that would make people say: "Wow, what's going on in this vid, let's se those damn girls/horses/dolls again and listen to this damn good song".

You know, we don't need to be like Kieślowski all the time :).

If it's okay with you, I'd appreciate a BRIEF civil aside here on what I consider a valid and understandable position you've brought up.

Ray, This is a topic worthy of debate. I understand filmmakers have a dilemma -- we want to do right by society, but we also want to make money. Exploitation sells, while taking the high road often doesn't have quite the same payoff.

An expectation of 100% PC compliance would result in boring films. I also would not want one group of people deciding what is PC and what isn't.

So how does a filmmaker know when they've pushed the envelope too far? Answer: When society pushes back. Culture is always changing and what was once permissible in films years ago is unthinkable today as we acknowledge our ignorance.

When a critical mass of people push back on a particular word/topic, filmmakers have to decide for themselves if they have the stomach to deal with something that is becoming more and more frowned upon in society if our culture heads down that direction.

In this instance, we have a filmmaker who doesn't see what's the big deal is, yet at the same time a sizable portion of the population sees someone exploiting them for personal gain (I know, filmmakers rarely make money). The filmmaker doesn't have to yield, but eventually there comes that point where they will want to (usually because of a third party, for instance, pressure from financiers or potential cast).

In the case of this particular issue, I happened to be the first person that brought the exploitation thing up to OP. No doubt he will hear from others elsewhere.

Yeah... No doubt... And if in the banned portal commercial we have a girl in bdsm mask does it mean that I'm exploitating the world of BDSM? You must be one of the guys that was horrified and full of disgust by what "Inglorious Basterds" did to the original history of WW II.

Seriously, you should chill down a bit; posts like the one above just show how much damage is being made by "political correctness". How about I make a disclaimer that no lesbians were hurt? Would that be ok with you?

What you need to understand that sometimes you watch "Transformers", sometimes you watch one of Bergman movies and you should not judge both by the same criteria.
Simple as that.

Surface, if you don't like criticism, don't post your videos in here for people to watch.

Futhermore, stop directing your attacks at me personally -- debate the argument, not the people debating. Learn from Ray how one goes about civilly debating issues.

I own a copy of Inglorious Basterds -- assumptions are not cool.

--------------

I'm totally ok with criticism, that's what forums are for. And, Jesus Christ, seriously chill out. I'm not attacking you in any way. Why don't you have a beer and just enjoy some visuals without thinking too much?
Trust me, it will feel great, we all need to relax sometimes :).

Back