Hot Shoe To 3.5mm Jack Adapter?

So a while ago I bought a microphone to replace the built in one on my canon. However, it's a hot-shoe mount. And I really made a mistake in buying it because it's really not what I needed. I was just wondering if there are any adapters that would take a microphone with a hot shoe and change it into a 3.5mm microphone jack.

I wish to use a boom pole for better audio, but I can't attach my microphone to the end when it must connect to the top.

What type of Mic is it? Only a few camera-specific hot shoe mounts are out there (with extra connectors built in) because a hot-shoe on a camera just feeds power.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012ILNK0/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00005LD4W&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0KPEDG19SP5MNPJXZH9E

That is a link to the microphone. It has a hot-shoe on the bottom and mounts onto my Canon HG20. I'm trying to find an adapter that the hot-shoe, and a 3.5mm audio cable could attach to so I can mount the microphone onto a boom pole instead of my camera.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back