Honestly now-name one thing about you that others may find "unique"

I ended up modifying my truck after I was just going to "repair" a few things...ended up doubling the horsepower...whoops

Sounds like "repairing" to me. Every thing needs more power! :D

Yodaman-I've always wanted to go one of those fairs, haven't had the chance. An Inept pirate-how inept exactly? lol Sounds like a cool introduction to the field though. I've done my share of acting-still do it somewhat, though I prefer behind the scenes now.

You should go, they're lots of fun! You just have to be prepared to have random cast members yell crazy things in the streets. And if they don't do that, they're not doing their job right! :P

My inept pirate character was really...well, stupid, honestly. Basically I just acted really dumb and incoherent most of the time. I was supposed to be hard-of-hearing, so I played that up a bit by sometimes making patrons/customers yell in my face because I "couldn't hear them". My character's name was Adrian Smalley (a spoof off of Adrian Monk (from the TV show) and Stuart Smalley from the old SNL skits; please, someone, tell me you understand who they are! :P ). The previous year, I played a wizard named Artemus Poedunk (purposely misspelled), who was afraid of ducks because his twin brother Fartemus (yeah, I know...) was killed by a stampede of them.

I told you it's a crazy place! :P

Last edited:
Sounds like "repairing" to me. Every thing needs more power! :D

You should go, they're lots of fun! You just have to be prepared to have random cast members yell crazy things in the streets. And if they don't do that, they're not doing their job right! :P

My inept pirate character was really...well, stupid, honestly. Basically I just acted really dumb and incoherent most of the time. I was supposed to be hard-of-hearing, so I played that up a bit by sometimes making patrons/customers yell in my face because I "couldn't hear them". My character's name was Adrian Smalley (a spoof off of Adrian Monk (from the TV show) and Stuart Smalley from the old SNL skits; please, someone, tell me you understand who they are! :P ). The previous year, I played a wizard named Artemus Poedunk (purposely misspelled), who was afraid of ducks because his twin brother Fartemus (yeah, I know...) was killed by a stampede of them.

I told you it's a crazy place! :P

That's inept alright! Sounds like organized chaos-right up my alley!

Stampede of ducks....that's awesome!:D

No I am a Solo guy

Ah, so you don't need to tell others because you keep to yourself? That's cool :). Some may that's unique in itself, but I can be similar sometimes;)

Grinner-remind me to get a hold of you if I need to a film involving cars getting destroyed:D

Hachi- I'm curious, what type of truck and how many ponies? Say, maybe Hachi can make the cars and Grinner can destroy them! All I need is a stunt person-any stunt people here?:D Maybe I need to make movie with a chase scene that will make "Bullet" seem like tinkertoys!

I'm game! :D

The truck is an old dodge dakota (93). I had some valve stem seal problems (it was leaking really bad), so I pulled off the heads and bought better ones. Well, as I was sitting there in the garage staring at them, I came to the thought of an article I read in a magazine before about putting Chevy 1.6 ratio roller rockers on a 90's magnum v8. I had a V6, but it's design is literally a 318 V8 with two cylinders removed, just as a 4.3 Chevy is a 350 sans two pistons.

Well, I figured what the hell. So I bought some from Jeg's and had at 'er. But that still wasn't enough. I bought myself an air powered roto-tool for Christmas along with a 60 gallon air compressor and grinding/polishing/boring stones and bits for metal (steel and aluminum). So I did a gasket match and a port and polish on the heads intake, and exhaust manifolds.

I would buy headers, but since I live in Wisconsin and the constant change of extremes in temperature would cause lesser welds to crack and I'd be getting high on exhaust fumes every time I drive, so I opted for the heavy duty (and surprisingly well flowing) exhaust manifolds. So since stock this thing had roller lifters and a roller cam shaft and with the addition of the roller rockers, it's a "true roller" engine. But still wasn't enough. From my racing days, I knew cooling a vehicle can be a nightmare and you can save some weight and free some power by going with an electric powered fan. Nowadays almost all vehicles (both trucks and cars) have an electric fan, but older ones didn't, like my truck. So I purchased an uber powered fan that was activated by a heat sensor in the coolent outlet on the engine and freed some power.

To be honest, I'm not sure if it literally doubled said horsepower, but I did shock the crap out of my friends when I filled the Wal-Mart parking lot full of tire smoke when it was all done and back together. Before I was lucky enough to get a chirp out of the tires.

But that's pretty much how I did it...oh and with a throttle body spacer, Gibson Performance cat-back Exhaust system, and a modified High-Flow dirt track K&N air filter too.

I guess that's how I "fix" things.

Last edited:
I played Macbeth onstage, my dream role. We dueled with real broadswords (dulled, of course).

Also, I'm descended from Bohemian Gypsies. True story.

Stardust Walking- Wow! How long did this little stroll take? ;) That's amazing.

2001 Productions-Always wanted to do a Shakespeare on stage. That must have been pretty cool with the swords, would have gotten a realistic pinging sound as you dueled!

And realistic bruises when I screwed up the fight choreography.

I've also played Oberon in A Midsummer Night's Dream. Shakespeare's a blast.

Always wanted to do one of his comedies-As You Like It or Comedy of Errors :)

I finding some people do or have done some pretty interesting(unique:lol:) things. I don't feel so alone any more ;)

What's unique about me is that I don't use any curse words or foul language. (When I was shooting one of my short films, the crew would tease me, because I was the director who didn't curse when things went bad and I joked about fining people who cursed in my presence). Sometimes I feel out of place in this world, but I have to be true to myself--even if it makes people uncomfortable some times.

What's unique about me is that I don't use any curse words or foul language. (When I was shooting one of my short films, the crew would tease me, because I was the director who didn't curse when things went bad and I joked about fining people who cursed in my presence). Sometimes I feel out of place in this world, but I have to be true to myself--even if it makes people uncomfortable some times.

I think that's a interesting trait to have, and not a bad one! You don't have to swear to make a point. Still, that joke about firing for cursing, it means you can have kids in to watch the production, knowing there won't be any salty language!

As far as out of place, I can identify(but mine is a long and boring tale, so I'll save you and others on this board from it). Only in the past few years have I been able to be myself and feel good about it, and who cares what others think-they haven't lived your life. Provided you can look in the mirror and say "hey, I like who I am", that's all that matters to the self.

People have called me eccentric, and I thank them for the compliment :)

Thanks so much Tinalera,

I appreciate your comment.

As for me, I wouldn't be bored at your long story, but respect your privacy if you don't want to tell it. I'm glad your're able to feel good about yourself.

Blessings.

Thank you for your comments :).

Maybe one day I'll write out my story, film it, and have tears in my eyes when I accept the academy award for best picture.

Then I'll wake up;)

Back