Home Theater System?

So our current home theater system broke a few weeks ago and we're trying to find a new one. We got to see some pretty decent Samsung and Bose ones over at Best Buy but I'm just wondering, for a budget of about $800, which one would you recommend?

I'm looking for speakers by the way. ;)

Last edited:
Depending on the size of the room, I think you can get away with spending much less than $800. Bose is badass, but unless you're a high-roller, I kinda think it's over-kill. My living room is 10*15, and my 5.1 Sony system sounds great. I bought it more than ten years ago, and it's still in pristine condition. The system I've got is comparable to this one, and I've been very happy with it.

Bose lacks the frequency range and cheats aurally by compressing everything to the mids to suit the human ear rather than representing the sound and letting the ear do its thing. "All mids, all the time!"

There are good options out there. I spent 500-600 on my speakers (including the sub) and then got a receiver to drive them that did all of the stuff I needed it to. Now I have to replace the receiver, but the speakers will stay as I purchased decent quality ones that will keep up with whatever I throw at them.

I paired that with a mid-level office projector that does 720p and HDMI and have a cool home theater!

Back