Hi interweb people!

Again, hi! I'm 29 years old, from Denver,Colorado- recently moved to Fort Wayne, Indiana. I've been a huge fan of film since I was a child, I've always wanted to become a producer and director. Huge fan of supernatural horror movies or found footage type of movies, even though there's only a few; I still really like I love watching them! Matter of fact, a local paranormal investigative team asked me to follow them and record a full series of their investigations. Which only put more fuel into my fire of creativity to make my own movies. I shoot with a Sony HD1000U, but the damn thing is a big shoulder mount boulder-- so I'm looking to replace it with a DSLR or a Sony NEX. Taught myself the basics of editing using Final Cut Pro but since I've been using my Windows machine more I've been using Adobe Premiere. Also learned After Effects, Lightwave 3D, Maya, Cinema 4D, and 3D studio max. As of now, I'm learning more of the pre production side of movies, scripting, storyboarding, contracts, permits, and all that fun stuff. I'm planning to shoot my first movie this summer and I can't wait to share it here to get some great comments, support, and constructive criticism :D

here's one episode of the show they wanted me to film, edit, and produce.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3gHs8sXGVc

Welcome to indietalk Shawn! :D I'm from Indiana as well! I watched through some of the paranormal video. Seems cool. What was your setup?

Welcome to indietalk Shawn! :D I'm from Indiana as well! I watched through some of the paranormal video. Seems cool. What was your setup?

As of right just my good ol trusty Sony 1000U and stock boom mic. Getting a DSLR either this month or the next, it's getting kinda expensive to keep purchasing MiniDV tapes :\ Right now I'm doing some research on what's the best both camera and lenses.

Welcome Grasshopper!
I'm one of the audio guys here.
Always remember:

Your project will only look as good as it sounds, because
"Sound is half of the experience"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCyJRXvPNRo​

"Old man, how is it that you hear these things?"
"Young man, how is it that you do not?"

Back