• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Hi - I'm new around here, but I made a short...

My name is Matthew Glasson. Big fan of Polanski, Bunuel, Soderbergh, Kubrick - all the great ones... Love the darker stuff.

Anyway, I've put up some posts about my shorts TV show - The Reel Deal - here in NYC, but I thought I'd introduce myself and throw out a link for a short that I finished for a Halloween-themed assignment. Have a look and I'd love to hear what you think!

http://reeldealtv.com/video/torhag_final.mov

I'd love some honest and constructive feedback if you've got a moment.

Thanks!

M

Just got done watching this. Funny but at the same time sad. Had some great editing in this! Very nicely done. Also the film has an artsy type feel to it. Very nice use of the colors red and purple. I really enjoyed this. Of course I'm a big silent film fan! ;)

WIERD AND FUN

I dug it, I just thought the running time was too long.

The camera work is fantastic, the editing is farily good, but the overall runtime and some of the jokes fell off and could have been cut. You could tell the same story in half the time.

But back to the positives - a story was very well communicated by no dialogue. The music was PERFECT.

The movie is very good.

never mind naysayers

the running time was fine

this story needs to breathe

Speed vs. Ambience

Thanks everyone for all your comments and reviews. Sonnyboo - it's funny you felt it was too long - I actually had a shorter version for the project initially (they weren't to be over 5 minutes) and I wanted to extend certain scenes (the dance, for example and certainly the trick or treat sequence). As TORHAG occupies a different sort of reality, I wanted to play up the absurdity and committ wholly to the disconcerting nature of the situation with these twisted characters. It's a horror film with comic elements that walks a fine line of uncertainty.

Regardless, thanks for the feedback - everyone's got their own sensibilities and tastes. Rock on!

M

Back