Hi all.......again

ncje here returning after a long absence. Currently in pre production on a feature.... I have a production website up and running, however needs some tweaks, will get to that. The production website will eventually become a side component of the movie website once I have enough footage to get some posters done, a trailer etc. Anyway god to be back.

http://www.singmeallulaby.com

Welcome back!

It's good to see someone from Japan on the boards. I have a few friends in Kyoto and Osaka that I talk to via email every day. They keep inviting me to see the Cherry Blossoms in spring, I'd love to go, but I'm as broke as everyone else here... :D

How is the indie film scene in Japan? Is there a large demand?

There is but its difficult to get into for a foreigner, such as me. But I have made some great contacts here, so on and up as they say.

I was once invited to Japan. My friend Hitomi invited me to stay with her for a few weeks to check out the indie film scene. I wish I could go... just need to win that lottery...

She says there's plenty of underground interest in making indie films there, although no one will admit it openly for some reason. Have you found this to be true? And is it easy/difficult to gather a cast & crew in Japan?

Back