Help With Youtube Playlist / Organization

Hey Everyone,

So the past week I've been working on curating my Youtube channel a bit more, rounding it off nicely, since I recently passed 1,000 subscribers, and things are finally starting to pick up at a steady pace. So, I want everything to be nice and ready for new and current viewers.

So, the main focal point of my channel is all of my music stuff. The music stuff ranges from song cover videos, original music, music videos, analog recording series, etc. I used to separate them all into different playlists, (ie - 'Analog Recordings' 'Music Videos' 'Originals' - etc.) but I ultimately decided to get rid of all the separate playlists and put them in one all encompassing playlist.

While it may not be as immediately 'organized' - I think it flows better for viewers when they can browse everything musical on my channel through one playlist, rather than alternating through several playlists of various lengths.

So, I created that larger playlist - It currently has 56 videos, and I release at least two a week now. So, it should grow pretty well. I also went through this week and deleted any old videos I didn't like, and renamed, re-infoed, and re-tagged all 56 videos to ensure they flow the best way possible.

What do you think of this organizational method for my viewers? Also, I've been heavily debating adding custom thumbnails to every video on my channel. What are your thoughts on that?

The custom thumbnails present some issues, though, which have caused me to stray from them. You need a photo that is 1280 by 720, and I no longer have the source files to the majority of these videos, meaning the only thing I could do would be to take a screenshot and build off of that, which would certainly be lower quality. Also, I've noticed that the thumbnails are incredibly difficult to design, because it is hard to get the words to be legible over pretty much any background. (The best solution I've found for this thus far is to tone the original photo's brightness down pretty heavily, then the words are easier to read)

So, tips, suggestions, etc are most welcome! The rest of my channel is undergoing a similar change, because I also have my films and my DIY Home Recording videos, which I have yet to organize like this. Those will likely undergo exactly the same process that is being established for these music videos.

Thanks everyone! Here's the playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTg2sziZ55WELQGTIRW1mQL24ToTqC7Bv

Back