• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

help with plot for a hero parody

O.k o this is how it's goin......... There are some super heroes goin through a mid life crisis and they are all goin to a heroe rehab.....these include hellboy(smokes, does drugs etc.) second the hulk who is trying to keep his rage down because he through his girlfriend through the window of their appartment, third superman( addicted to cryptonite which now makes him infereiour to humans) fourth batman (thinks he's pethetic compared to other super heroes because he is the only 1 without super powers), fifth is wonderwomen( who now has some love handles and is now partying and having sex), sixth ghost rider ( had sex with his women and she caught on fire and burn't to death now he has a drinking problem). So there are 2 docters Dr. MIke ock and Dr. Shocker are psyceoligistes (bad grammar) and try to helpthem with all their problems so they can start saving the world again.
What do ya think?

and i copyrighted the plot sojust in case XD

well youve got characters and a back story for each of them...now what?

are you trying to make a "documentary" parody?? where these super heros are explaining all of their problems to the doctors??

or an actual film where it shows these super heros fall from grace and end up junkies?

your ganna have to come up with some original ideas if you want this to succeed... ive already seen this idea plenty of times before .....super heros in therapy...

youve got an idea... now keep running with it... even if it does end up being another viral video on youtube who cares... its another film under your belt... youll be that much better from making it... as long as its not just plain awful...

although i think you should continue with making ideas for movies and trying to make movies, i think that this shouldn't be made b/c it will most likely come out looking like another "epic movie", "date movie", movies like that. I think it has the potential to be a good movie if written right but i think that parodies of superheros and parodies of things that have been recently released are overdone at the moment and that genre is getting murdered by bad writers

O.k o this is how it's goin......... There are some super heroes goin through a mid life crisis and they are all goin to a heroe rehab.....these include hellboy(smokes, does drugs etc.) second the hulk who is trying to keep his rage down because he through his girlfriend through the window of their appartment, third superman( addicted to cryptonite which now makes him infereiour to humans) fourth batman (thinks he's pethetic compared to other super heroes because he is the only 1 without super powers), fifth is wonderwomen( who now has some love handles and is now partying and having sex), sixth ghost rider ( had sex with his women and she caught on fire and burn't to death now he has a drinking problem). So there are 2 docters Dr. MIke ock and Dr. Shocker are psyceoligistes (bad grammar) and try to helpthem with all their problems so they can start saving the world again.
What do ya think?

and i copyrighted the plot sojust in case XD

Sorry this makes me giggle outloud. I think it could be done right. Is 'cute' bad?
Just reading what you wrote I think the Doc's are still really bad guys who aren't really 'helping' them. They still plot to take over the world and keep the superheros in therapy. Every time the super heros begin to make a break through Doc says 'times up'. Wonder Woman has to hook up with someone, maybe Hellboy, maybe oe of the DOc's so he CAN end up helping the Hero's becuse he is falling in love with her? Maybe Superman and Batman, now equals, become pals or have a huge fist fight over who is most pathetic or still 'got it'? Batman could give Superman a utility belt....Both Ghost Rider and Hulk lost a girlfriend, they can help each other get back to saving the world. Maybe Hulk comes to find out that his girfriend was DOc OCT's evil niece or something. Basically what I'm saying is to pair up your superheros with an opposite patheticness. ANd let the plot come to you.

I'm just doing some free writing here. Just typing outloud, if you will. Type a few ideas and try them out. I hope this at least fuels some idea for you. Be reminded, though we ALL need help once in a while, we must REALLY find all our own ideas and plots to be a good writer.

Have fun with it no matter what,
:D
Margo

ideas like this are only going to work if they have something SUPER original in them and if the plot is not predictible, like superhereos get rehabed then save the world. No one wants to see a movie like that... as a new screenwriter you should aim for something that has substance and stay away from comedy.

I could see this working if it was a short robot chicken like documentary. It would work great as a parody of those intervention shows or the Dr. Drew show but besides that I don't know how you would keep people interested. The only I don't get is why you are copyrighting a story that uses characters that are not your own.

Personally I think you'll be better off coming up with another plot.

Like rebellion studios said, it's going to be similar to the "epic movie", "date movie"...etc films. And they're pretty crap already.

If you really love your idea, I think you should think of a new creative approach to film this.

The only I don't get is why you are copyrighting a story that uses characters that are not your own.

Cannot agree more to that.

Well, if he came up with his own names for them?

Anyway, I've gotta agree with everyone else. This just kind of sounds like an episode of Drawn Together or that super hero Big Brother parody from Robot Chicken.

The basic concept of super heroes and mid-life crises could be interesting in a script with a slightly more serious (less of a parody) comedic tone though. You might want to explore that a little. It's been done before, but I'd venture to say there's a little room in that subject for a creative look with the right person.

If you remember, in The Incredibles, the beginning started off with someone interviewing the super heroes. Maybe if you did a short film like that, slowly leading to a huge revelation at the end, it might be fun to do and watch.

Back