Help with my short digital films

I was wondering if there was anyone based in england that could help a relative newbie out and show him how to shoot on greenscreen. I have a couple of digital projects i want to shoot but i have never shot on greenscreen before so would need help. I know this seems realy cheeky as i know alot people dont like to share such skills but it would be greatly appreciated. If anybody wants anymore information or i have not put anything in just ask and il tell you.

Thanks guys.

I can give you a few quick pointers.

1. The main thing to remember when lighting a green screen or blue screen is to have even lighting. Lots of soft lighting, lots of diffusion. When you have bright spots or shadows it is going to be harder to key out. It can be done just makes it more of a headache.

2. Remember to light your subject separately. Light your subject as if you would light them in the scene you are trying to put them in. Key, Back, Fill all very important here.

3. Don't put your subject right up against the screen. You want to make sure that your subject is set away from the screen so you don't have any green spill onto your subject. I would say the further the better though some may disagree with that statement.

4. Remember when you are lighting your screen brighter isn't better. Your goal here is to match the brightness of your subject with the screen. I would recommend, I believe it is called, a wave-form monitor. That is really going to show you whether your light is even or not.

I hope this helps. There is a lot to it but some things need to be shown to you in person. Good luck. Let us know how this turns out.

* basically you don't want any shadows on the greenscreen at all, and you want it lit evenly as possible--as mentioned above.

* professional greenscreens have a rounded wall to floor section, so there is no line there...that's not easy to achieve for an amateur rig...but it's just something to note.

Back