Help on sony vegas 8.0

ok, so theres this one problem...i need to add a scene all the way back in the beginning but so far the movie is about 25mins and i have to drag everything that i edit'd further back so i can have room in the front to add that one scene. Is there an easier way to high light all the scenes i want to be dragged, and drag all of them at the same time? thanks!

I'm not a Vegas user, but the user interface standard for select-all is "control-A". There is probably also a way to "insert" a clip at the play head, which would push everything past the playhead back, automatically to make room for the new clip. Search your on-line help for "insert" and see what it says.

I have an older version - but across the top there is a drop down menu "Insert" . In there is an option for "Time". Place the timeline marker at the spot where you want to insert the time, then click Insert > Time. It will ask you to enter the amount of minutes:seconds you want to insert, then click OK. NOTE -- it usually only inserts the time in the ONE ACTIVE LAYER, which means that the rest of the layers will stay as is. If you have done any video layering, your layers will be out of alignment afte radding time, so you will need to try and either select ALL layers before inserting the time, or insert the same amount of time on every layer individually.

there is an auto ripple button on the top of the tool bar, click on that and also make sure you click on "all track markers and regions" this will allow you to drag and drop without selecting anything and everything will move in accordance to what you place in the timeline. It is a huge time saver.
hope this helps.

Back