HELP law governing FanFilm? PLEASE & THANK YOU

Power Ranger fans anyone...

Here's my sitch. I've completed a feature length screenplay loosely based on the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers which will use established heroes, villians, etc. After much deliberation [and public response], I have decided to move forward to produce this labor of love film project.

Being a former film student, I am aware that there are copyright laws governing the use of entities for fan films, however all of which seem very grey. I'm here hoping that someone in cyber-land can assist in providing me with information as to what legal rights I have as a film-maker so as not to infringe upon the Disney coporations' ownership of the Power Ranger Franchise.

Furthermore I am in search of an amazingly talented production team willing to work gratis [credit/copy]. Most importantly CGI ANIMATORS, SFX, Costume Construction, Prosthetics, Set Designers, Cinematographers, Technicians... basically an entire crew.

For information about the project visit www.myspace.com/mmpr_thecore

PLEASE & THANK YOU

londonvillamayor

Yep I agree, I think that's roughly what I said. I think the three main thing to remember when making a fan film are:
1. Don't make ANY money.

But if you do make money they still would have to prove it and cash is untraceable lol.

Back