• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Help fund our short film Hooker Assassin!

Welcome to IT.
Feel free to be not a hit and run poster begging for money on a forum where almost everyone is trying to find funding for their own projects...
We have tons of info on crowdfunding campaigns on here.
Try search "my crowdfundig experience": over a dozen pages of tips, tricks, insights and pitfalls.

10 seconds in your video I stopped watching, because the audio is 'not so good'. This is one of the critical things that might turn people off.

Ok, I gave it a second change and skipped forward and there is nothing that shows what you and your team can do or have done before. Recording Skype videos isn't exactly a test of merit when it comes to filmmaking.
And talking about filmmaking: show, don't tell is also something that works for crowdfunding pitches.

Anyway: good luck.

PS.
I don't mean to sound negative, I'm trying to point to things that can make your campaignmore succesfull.
Some quick math tells me you are 15% funded in 20% of the campaign time, so it's not too late to improve things :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome to the forums! We appreciate all the constructive criticism.
Our plan was never to hit and run on this page as we just found out about it and were quite excited to find a place where filmmakers would be welcomed.

Good to hear. Most people who ask for money in their very first
post here at indietalk never return again.

I hope you take some of the criticism to heart. Your video is very
personal but since I don't know you personally it doesn't inspire
me to donate. I think you need to inspire total strangers (like me)
to feel this is a movie I want to see.

I'm looking forward to seeing you and hanna.camp become part
of this community.

Showing your personality is good.
But it's just one of the ingredients that make a great campaign video.

Great to see you sticking around :)

Thanks for the warm welcome to the forums! We appreciate all the constructive criticism.
Our plan was never to hit and run on this page as we just found out about it and were quite excited to find a place where filmmakers would be welcomed.
The first post has been removed including all links.

Are you reworking the original campaign?

Back