Hello

Hello indietalk! I am a 17 year old student from Los Angeles, California interested in film production and looking to learn more about the inner workings of independent filmmakers. I'm also looking to make some connections and really start on my path towards becoming a solid indie filmmaker. First, let me start off with a little bit about myself. I'm a 17 year old student from Los Angeles, attending high school in Orange County. I plan to attend either CalState Fullerton or CalState Northridge in the fall and will major in film production. Recently, I've decided to get serious about film thanks to the efforts of my Digital Multimedia teacher who has taught me many things about shooting, editing, screenplays, etc. However, the education in film we receive at my high school is very basic. As such, I've decided to join this community to further such knowledge.

A book which I am reading right now is the "Filmmaker's Handbook" by Steven Ascher and Edward Pincus. I plan to read this book cover to cover and have already learned so much. I look forward to asking many questions here. Hopefully savvy veterans will be willing to help me further my knowledge and excel in this field which I have come to love so dearly.

Welcome Grasshopper!
I'm one of the audio guys here.
Always remember:

Your project will only look as good as it sounds, because
"Sound is half of the experience"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCyJRXvPNRo​

"Old man, how is it that you hear these things?"
"Young man, how is it that you do not?"

Back