Hello! Writer here...

Hi IndieTalk community!

I'm not really a filmmaker as such (not yet, anyway), but I am a writer (self-published novelist, with good reviews... so far) and I was hoping this board might open up some opportunities for collaboration with people who actually have a clue what they're doing with a camera :)

Lately I've been considering the possibility of writing for screen instead of prose, as most of my fiction is already very visual (readers have recommended that I transfer the stories to the screen, or comic books, or both). So if there's someone out there who wants a short script to make a film to use for a showreel/enter into contests, and that I can use for publicity for my writing, then please do get in touch.

My writing is (mainly UK-based) horror. Check me out at mazmarik.weebly.com. It may all seem a bit zombie-ish at the moment, but I promise it will diversify over the next few months!

I'm based in the UK (south-east mainly, but also the midlands).

And I will enjoy browsing the various boards here. Thanks for reading!

Well, thanks for the welcome :)

It's difficult to tell how well-used forums are, and so there's always a worry that your nervous first thread will disappear into the mud without so much as a reply. So thanks for saving me from that ignominy :)

I shall save you too! Welcome to the forums, you'll find all sorts of amazing people and help from here! :)

Thanks, Yodaman. Where would be the best place to go on the board to seek out potential collaborators? I've lurked on the Screenplays board for a few days but it seems awfully quiet in there.

Hey

Hey Maz,

I'm looking to enter a few festivals next year or so and I have this idea for a script, the problem is.......... I cannot write to save my life. I already have the general premise of what i want it to look like and how to frame the shots, i just cant get the writing down. would you be interested in trying to help me finish it up? Any help you could give me would be amazing.

Back