Hello, my name is Matt, and I'm a filmmaker.

I'm a 47 year old filmmaker from from Northern Alabama where I own and operate a small production company. My bread and butter right now is in commercial graphics and animations for other production houses, but I also do production and post-production work of all kinds.
I'm been making films since age 9 or 10, when I began shooting horror and sci-fi shorts on 8mm and Super 8 film in the late 70's. I've mostly made my living as a visual artist and musician, occasionally serving as producer and/or art director on a number of TV spots and commercial videos over the years.

I founded my company, Fiveacre Films, in 2010 as a full-service production house with the primary goal of producing my own self-financed narrative shorts and features for direct-to-video and VOD distribution.

I'm currently in production on my first feature: a period film-noir/comedy send-up called CURSE OF THE JAGGAR MOON, which I wrote, direct, and star in a triple role. I'm also doing the musical score. The film takes place in the late 1940s and utilizes clips from classic Public Domain film noirs intercut with new original footage, which is being shot almost entirely on virtual sets. The film is being shot in our spare time with an all volunteer cast and crew, and the only expense so far has been wardrobe and hand props, all of which are 100% authentic to the era. We've had members from two vintage car clubs donate the use of their stock 1940's vehicles to the production as well. Production is currently on hiatus for winter with approximately one-third already "in the can". We will continue with the remainder of production this Spring.

I look forward to checking out this forum.

Last edited:
Back