Hello from Brighton

Hello my names Paul from Brighton, England.
I am currently writing a script for an indie film which I hope to have produced and shot by this time next year. My budget for the whole thing including equipment, is £2000. So I'm mainly counting on the script and acting to carry the film.
The film is going to be a B-movie featuring cheerleaders and possibly a shark. I know a few people who can do 3D and editing. I'm going to be doing casting, scriptwriting, funding and proably end up making the sandwiches for the crew too!
The major thing I'm not too sure about is what the best equipment would be for the money. It will be mainly ditributed by download or DVD so I think 720p should be fine for it. I'm not sure what the best camera/lighting/audio equipment to get which would all have to be got for say under £1500.
Since it will be a teen comedy (much like Bring It On) I want big vibrant colours and not washed out colours like you see in home movies. So the question is can this be done with a cheap camera, good lighting and post processing or would you need an expensive camera?
Once these things are sorted out I think the rest will be fine.
:D

Back