Hello everybody...

Hi! I'm new here and this is my first post.

I'm a fine art graduate, and next year I plan to start a postgraduate course in filmmaking. My filmmaking experience is somewhat limited, but I'll try and post something for you all to see, if my dial-up connection allows. In the mean time I'm writing the first draft of a feature length script which I plan to finish by Christmas, and I intend to make some music videos over the next few months. Problem is trying to get in touch with bands who'll submit to my inexperience :lol:

Anyways, I live in Edinburgh, Scotland and I'll be asking for loads of advice over the next few weeks!

Well hello there, tableware! :cool:

You happen to know the Scottish peeps who are making that Indiana Jones fan-film?

If you need a lot of bands looking for exposure/videos, try SoundClick.com . There are thousands of unsigned bands on there, looking for a bit of attention. :)

Tableware,

Welcome to the forum. As a many generation American, I come from Scot and Irish background and Roberts (my last name) is Welsch. No wonder I have an inheirent love for Celtic music. Not bad for a Texas boy.

Two years ago I went to a local big weekend event in Grapevine, TX (Main Street Days) to look for a good local band. I found "Maiden Texas" (pun intended), three female singers and a great band that plays country music and writes their own music. I picked one of their original great songs ("Here's the Deal") and wrote a music video script for it. They love the script ideas. The only problem now is funding the shoot ($25k). Then they will have something to show off their talents and I will have my first music video to date. Again, money gets in the way.

With the rising popularity of Celtic music today, I would think that you might be able to find a great music group locally and help them find a good sponsor. The first thing they will need is a great original song and then they will need the great music video script to shoot it.

On another note (no pun intended), I hope to visit Scotland and Ireland someday and trace some ancestors. I hear Ireland and Scotland are both still beautiful.

Good luck.

WC (aka Randy Roberts)

Last edited:
Back