• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Hans Zimmer contest

Hans Zimmer's production house Bleeding Fingers is having a remix/recycle/recompose/whatever-you-can-do-with it contest:
http://www.hanszimmerwantsyou.com/
The winner? Gets a full time job at Bleeding Fingers, doing library music, reality tv scores, etc. Personally, not the career path I'd want to follow, but a hell of an opportunity that would certainly open doors to other paths. Oh, the other downside is you'd have to live in LA. Entries are due by 2.19.14; I just heard about it this morning, but thought some of the other musicfolks around here might be interested. Can't hurt to try!
Oh, and if any of you do something, post it here! I'll do the same!

Interesting.

Oh, and if any of you do something, post it here! I'll do the same!

Josh, we used to have friendly composer contests, on one of the other forums, years back. Someone would post a cool 2 or 3 minute scene, from a soon to be released indie movie, and we would all score it. The rest of the forum voted for their favorite. Some blogger/film website people in the forum became "sponsors" by offering to interview the best composers.

With all the composers frequenting (drive bys!) the forum, it was a cool way to have all of them on one thread, with examples of their work.

I should shut up, as I'm fricken busy. But, I would participate...

Hey Josh,

Just a small correction to your post. The winner (up to 3 winners) gets an opportunity to INTERVIEW for a position with Bleeding Fingers/Extreme Music. Transportation costs, hotel, and $500 are also part of it. In the agreement it states that they're not obligated to hire any of the winners.

- Mike

Thanks for the clarification, Mike! I'm actually sort of more interested in it now. Moving to LA to work at Bleeding Fingers isn't as appealing as a free trip to LA to interview and network with some folks in the industry! Either way, can't hurt to try!

Scoopicman, that's a great idea. Maybe it would help more of the drive-bys turn into regular members! Or at the very least, maybe we can have a collected thread where everyone posts their best piece and/or reel...sort of a IT composer showcase! And being busy is good!

Right on! And, in case you didn't see this....here might be something else:

Two Steps From Hell Position available (AMENDED!!!)

Two Steps From Hell is looking to hire a sound designer/synth programmer.

1. Must live on Earth.
2. Must be very flexible with hours and energetic.
3. Must be willing to work at home with your computer.
4. Must be familiar with all types of electronic music and be able to program and write everything from film sound design to dubstep.
5. Is helpful if you use Logic X.
6. Is helpful if you are a midi orchestrator.
7. Must be musical.

Please submit a resume, and one or two audio (earth shattering) example links to bunschel@aol.com

I didn't see that position with Two Steps From Hell! Thanks for sharing that! Way out of my pay grade, but what the hell, can't hurt to submit, right? Besides, Flicker commands me, and who am I to go against a direct order :lol:

And for anyone else, the deadline on the facebook page is 2/28, so get a resume together and send it in!

Back