• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch H3ART : short film

What the?! Why are the dancing?

You nailed the dialogue scene. It works. The rest of the narrative is cloudy. With this one, I'd say you shot it well, but the script is wonky.

idk, I wanted them to dance :)

you know if I can find the right script then I think I'm ready to do something bigger and better, but I can't find the script and as a one man crew it's hard enough doing these wee shorts.

I mean I know most people don't like my wee stories but I do them because I like them basically.

I will just keep on keeping on I guess :)

This was also a 5 hour shoot and the first time I didn't do any test filming, which made me scared lol :)

The sound in the dialogue scene seemed fine from where I'm sitting, but the voices at 2:35 are a little too low. So is the environmental sound in the following shots, which is barely audible.

I also noticed that the sound from 1:29 to 1:55 only came through the left channel. (Not including the music)

Also, from a composer's point of view, I felt like there should have been some element of a waltz in the final scene where they dance, something to mirror what they're doing. I felt that the score needed to take a turn at this point- we have the twist, a change of pace, and a scene with quite a lot of strange energy and I think that it needs to break out of the slow strings.

It looked good overall though.

The sound in the dialogue scene seemed fine from where I'm sitting, but the voices at 2:35 are a little too low. So is the environmental sound in the following shots, which is barely audible.

I also noticed that the sound from 1:29 to 1:55 only came through the left channel. (Not including the music)

Also, from a composer's point of view, I felt like there should have been some element of a waltz in the final scene where they dance, something to mirror what they're doing. I felt that the score needed to take a turn at this point- we have the twist, a change of pace, and a scene with quite a lot of strange energy and I think that it needs to break out of the slow strings.

It looked good overall though.

sound comes out both speakers for me. with the music i have pre-recorded tracks i can use, which is cool but poses some editing challenges, so it was the same track throughout, apart from the middle bit.

thanks for your thoughts, i appreciate it :)

Back