• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch h2O / Pana AJ-HPX2700 / Heavy Post prodution

Hi everyone,

I've recently directed a 100% independently produced music video, for which I also did the compositing & VFX on my own.

H20_03.jpg

H20_02.jpg

H20_01.jpg

Pretty tough sometimes to work without the help of a production company nor a decent budget, but at least it's not impossible, so I guess that's good enough for me.

The video was shot with the Panasonic AJ-HPX2700 using the AVC-Intra codec, and I have to say I was extremely pleased with it. I've never used it on real locations and do not know how it performs outdoor (my video was entirely shot on green screen), but as far as color keying goes, it was the best and smoother experience I ever had in years of post-production (even better than keying on Red footage). I really recommend it for compositing / color keying with low to medium budgets.

If you're interested, you can watch it here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_9VQ9OyVNY&hd=1

Thanks a lot for your time, and any comments are welcome !

Last edited:
Hi Escher,

In my case, the camera was rented of course.
Also, glad you liked the pictures (thanks!), but again, the entire video was shot on a green screen, so everything but the human characters was added in post. I was only praising the camera for the (technically) flawless footage that made the color keying so easy.
I have no idea how the camera behaves outside of a shooting studio...

Back