GUNS IN FILMS - PLZ HELP!

Hi all! I just started recently writing a script for a modern zombie like genre movie. I want to make it very heavy in gun and stuff. I had some friends talk about blank firing guns and how they edit in gun action scenes. They said that these are safe too. I found a website www.blankgunstore.com and some of the stuff they have is pretty realistic. Does anyone have experience with these types of props / editing? Currently using Sony Vegas Pro.

WHAT IS THE COST OF CHEAP GUN ?(REAL ONE IN BLACK MARKET WITHOUT LICENSE)
If you need a license, then you probably don't want to be filming someone using one out that's not licensed. That's just dumb. Really dumb. Like, it's hardly possible to be dumber than that, and anyone in your production knowing that needs to have his head examined.

In states in the USA where they're not licensed, you can get cheap handguns for a couple hundred. Rifles and shotguns and such are very inexpensive and can be purchased at any sporting goods store.

Decent handguns cost $500+. On the black market, probably twice that, and ammo would also be expensive.

But in general, anyone who would ask such a question shouldn't have real guns on any set.

In Ma., you can go to jail for a year for just possessing a gun if you are not licensed. You have to pass a gun safety course to get the license. In Arizona, guns are easily available. Every state and city is different. However, I would never use a working gun on a set.

Back