• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Grim: A Tale of Death. Music

Hey! I'm Jake! I'm 23 years old and I live in a town called Barry, in South Wales UK. I've been producing and composing all sorts of music since I was about 13, but..

I haven't been composing and producing classical scores for that long, it was only when I got involved with the web series Grim: A Tale of Death, I said I'd give it a go!

The music and scores I've done so far can be heard in the video on this page - http://www.indiegogo.com/ataleofdeath

I get very insecure about my music and always pick out things I don't like rather than things I do like about the tracks I make.

If you could give me some feedback it may boost my belief in myself and give me that strength to really push it to get somewhere!

Thanks so much for reading this and I hope to hear from you all soon!

Have a good week!

Jake

From the tracks I've heard that you've composed I don't see any reason to be insecure :) keep practicing and trying different things until you're completely happy with your sound, though there's nothing wrong with any of it in my opinion :)

I loved what I heard. If that project succeeds, your music will have played a big part on its success.

I am writing music for my films and I wish I had your skills.

I gotta be honest -- the slight-of-hand promotion you guys have been using isn't as sly as you might think it is. Nevertheless, I do think your project looks cool, and I do really hope you meet the crowdfunding goal.

I gotta be honest -- the slight-of-hand promotion you guys have been using isn't as sly as you might think it is. Nevertheless, I do think your project looks cool, and I do really hope you meet the crowdfunding goal.

Thanks! :). To be totally honest with you, I'm a complete noob on forums, I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what I'm doing haha. I've never used forums before now.

I'm a big fan of the Grim Reaper story (and just by chance I even use the DAW "Reaper" Haha) so I'll have a look at that page.
I'm also 23... and also a composer. Hahahaha

Welcome to the site.

Last edited:
Hi Jake. Here it is: http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=41128

It's the 1st chapter of a series of 7 and now that I am getting near to the end, I can see that these films are a reaction against other stuff I was working at the time. Some projects have the hability to turn into endless nightmares.

I was extremely stressed, so these films were a way to escape the pressure and create a place where I could rest, I think. But to edit over 1200 hours of footage ended up being a bit of an endless nightmare on its own.

Last edited:
Hi Jake. Here it is: http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=41128

It's the 1st chapter of a series of 7 and now that I am getting near to the end, I can see that these films are a reaction against other stuff I was working at the time. Some projects have the hability to turn into endless nightmares.

I was extremely stressed, so these films were a way to escape the pressure and create a place where I could rest, I think. But to edit over 1200 hours of footage ended up being a bit of an endless nightmare on its own.

Nice work! Some really nice shots, and the music goes really well with it, very tranquil! Lovely stuff.

Back