Greetings from Texas

Hi!!

My name is Dana Weatherbly. I love writing screenplays and the creative industry as a whole.

I am an accomplished showrunner outside of America, however upon coming to America, i have been looking for some fun and exciting work.

Would love to get to know everyone and write screenplays with you guys.

Definitely message me if you are interested!

How long have you been screenwriting?
15 years or so? I started out writing plays, then segued to screenplays. I've written & produced 2 features (Detours & Surviving Family, which you can watch on TubiTV, Apple TV, and lots of other places). I've got a 3 feature screenplays in various stages of development, and do a lot of ghostwriting, especially for writers for whom English is a 2nd (or 3rd) language.

How did you get your start?
My husband has been acting for longer than I've been writing. When we first started dating, I went with him to a lot of black box theaters in Manhattan to see no budget plays. The acting was often very good, and the directing was fine. But the writing was pretty bad, because actors were so eager to perform that they'd write something themselves without knowing what they were doing.

When I told my husband what I thought, he said something like, "if you think you can do better, do it." I did so I did :)

My first produced one act play went up about 10 days after the 9/11 terror attacks in NYC. It was a rom com and people so desperately needed to laugh. And being able to make people laugh at such a crappy time was an amazing feeling.

After a few years of writing plays, I realized that NO ONE makes money in theater, except the people who actually own the buildings. So I decided to try screenwriting. I took classes at the New School University for a few years, wrote some shorts, and then had an idea for a feature. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Back