Green card to america

IN ORDER FOR A NONIMMIGRANT (TEMPORARY WORKER) TO BECOME AN IMMIGRANT (PERMANENT WORKER) TO WORK AND LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES, YOU MUST FOLLOW THESE 10 STEPS:
1. Contact an Immigration lawyer.

2. Your lawyer sends a Questionnaire for completion to both you, the Employee, and to your Employer

3. Gather all necessary documents including education records (degree and transcript), experience letters from former employers, resume, passport, all previous visas and approval notices, copy of I-94 card, birth certificate of all family members, marriage certificate, spouse’s and children’s passports and visa history.

4. Employer prepares recruitment history showing efforts by employer to employ U.S. workers.

5. Employee and Employer send completed Questionnaires and documents to lawyer.

6. Your lawyer submits the petition to the federal Department of Labor (DOL) through the online PERM program. DOL adjudicates the Labor Certification.

7. Once Labor Certification is approved, your lawyer submits an I-140 petition for approval.

8. Upon approval of the I-140, you must have a medical examination, have pictures taken, compile federal tax returns, and complete a new questionnaire from your lawyer.

9. Your lawyer then submits an I-485 Adjustment of Status petition.

10. The Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services then contacts you for an interview or in some cases, approves petition without an interview. Once approved you are an immigrant (permanent resident) and can become eligible for U.S. citizenship through naturalization.

http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/

Yeah, I kind of need to work on this myself.

After a while, you get sick of explaining to people that yes, Canadians need green cards to live in the U.S., too.

I think that British, Canadians, Australians and new zealanders should get in anyway, considering how easy the polish etc get in and they're not even got english as their first language

Back