Graphics tablets - anyone use them?

I am looking for a roto tool and was wondering if anyone else uses them?

In particular, I am looking at the Bamboo line because I am not sure I need all the extra functionality of a Wacom 5.

What is your experience of these?

I use bamboo splash for illustration and graphics design. I love it though I'd recommend the Intuos line from Wacom. start with something small to see if it's what you really what you want.
good luck!

I have a small Wacom tablet that I use all the time in Photoshop.

I've never used it in AE or PP, though. I'm pretty deft with using the mouse to shift all the points & curves frame-by-frame. I guess it's what I'm used to. :blush:

I just bought an intuos3 the other day 2nd hand pretty cheap to do Roto as it's what we have at work and it's great. Before that I had a bamboo but couldn't stand it, but if your not used to the intuos all day it won't matter I wouldn't think, just make sure you get the bigger one. Imo tablets are essential for good roto

I just bought an intuos3 the other day 2nd hand pretty cheap to do Roto as it's what we have at work and it's great. Before that I had a bamboo but couldn't stand it, but if your not used to the intuos all day it won't matter I wouldn't think, just make sure you get the bigger one. Imo tablets are essential for good roto

Thanks, very interesting. What's the difference between a Bamboo and an older, intuos 3?

Thanks, very interesting. What's the difference between a Bamboo and an older, intuos 3?

pressure sensitivity, drawing space, customizable buttons and express keys. some come with a mouse and spare nibs and a cool little holder for the pen. if you can afford it and want to jump right in then grab an Intuos 3 or 4, Intuos4 is highly regarded as the one of choice, second only to the cintique, I believe.

Back