• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Good AND Easy Editing Program? Need Help!

Hey all indiechatters. I have had a few goes at premiere pro 2 and its pretty damn hard to get the hang of when i cant get enough time to practice and learn it whilst editing. So unless there is a VERY good video tutorial or something, can you all suggest an easier editing program, whilst not losing alot of features. Cheers.

I have been struggling to learn premiere myself over the last several months. I've barely scratched the surface of what it can do, but have been really happy with my results overall. I learned Vegas first, and have to admit, it is easier to use- I remember I called it 'dummy-proof' when I first saw it demo'd.

Vegas might be a little easier in some ways, but overall they're about the same.

Premiere has it's advantage with the direct integration with photoshop and the rest of the adobe suite... although, I still find Sound forge much easier to use for audio than audition...

Another option is Premiere Elements 2.0 . It's a scaled down version of Premiere which runs around $100 or if you buy a firewire card ($50-70) sometimes they throw it in. It has %60-70 of the features of the full blown version and look easy to learn. I think you can download a demo version to play with to see if you like it on Adobe's site.

Scott

Back