Going old school

hi everyone. a friend and i just got into the whole video making hobby and we need your help because we are clueless. we are new to all this so we are complete noobs. we have a canon t3i camera with kit lens. so far we don't have any complaints because its been great to us. but recently we saw some people talking about VINTAGE lenses.after looking at some videos on YouTube of Dslr cameras with vintage lenses we fell in love. so my question to you guys is what vintage lens would you recommend to us that are looking to shoot our first short story.also can you please include what adapter we would need to make this lens work with our t3i camera.we are putting together little by little all our equipment because we cant afford all the expensive stuff out there that we would love to own so we are looking for less expensive alternatives.we would really appreciate if you can recommend something to us and if its not too much to ask maybe throw a link of a clip or something. thank you guys we really love this site and we are learning a lot from you guys !

Stay away from Canon FD glass, will not work w/ EOS.

You can use old manual Nikon, Contax, Yashica, Pentax screw mount and more. You can get EOS to whatever lens mount you are using.

Search Youtube for T2i & T3i & lens ..prolly get a lot of hits that way.

I agree with what IndieBudget said.

Canon FD will require an optical adapter between, which will typically lend some color fringing / aberration to the footage.

When it comes to vintage lenses, I personally use M42-mounts. An excellent lens is the Super Takumar 50mm f/1.4. I was able to get mine from eBay for around $50, but that was a couple years back. The price on this lens has jumped up a bit. (NOTE: On your camera, this lens will feel more telephoto due to the crop factor.)

Another good prime lens to pick up would be a wide. You can usually find a wide in the f/2.8 range fairly cheap.

Back