GH2 & Lens & accessories

I currently use a T2i and am thinking about migrating to a GH2.

My favorite thing about using a T2i:
I love using zoom lenses and it is extremely easy for me to find cheap, old and used zoom lenses for 60 to 80 bucks and buy a 10 dollar adapter and play around.

Can I do something similar with the GH2? Is it possible to find cheap zoom lenses and adapters for the GH2?

This is seriously my only concern about migrating to a GH2. Can I find cheap zoom lenses to use?

Would love to hear from GH2 users.
Best,
aveek

I currently use a T2i and am thinking about migrating to a GH2.

My favorite thing about using a T2i:
I love using zoom lenses and it is extremely easy for me to find cheap, old and used zoom lenses for 60 to 80 bucks and buy a 10 dollar adapter and play around.

Can I do something similar with the GH2? Is it possible to find cheap zoom lenses and adapters for the GH2?

This is seriously my only concern about migrating to a GH2. Can I find cheap zoom lenses to use?

Would love to hear from GH2 users.
Best,
aveek

I'm a GH1 user, but yes, you can use almost any lens with a GH1/GH2 and an adapter. I use a bunch of old vintage primes with my GH1 and a simple adapter. The added bonus to the GH1/GH2 is that the adapters have no optics in them (because it's a mirrorless camera), so you don't lose a stop of light like you do with a lot of the other adapters.

I'm a GH1 user, but yes, you can use almost any lens with a GH1/GH2 and an adapter. I use a bunch of old vintage primes with my GH1 and a simple adapter. The added bonus to the GH1/GH2 is that the adapters have no optics in them (because it's a mirrorless camera), so you don't lose a stop of light like you do with a lot of the other adapters.

You know, I was searching on ebay for gh2 lenses earlier today and so few options came up that it scared me. Now I searched for some adapters and I saw a few and I think I might be okay.

thanks for that quick response.
best,
aveek

Importantly, you can adapt the Cannon FD lenses to the GH2, but you CANT use them on the T2i.

FYI: I have both cams and enjoy them both, but am about to sell out my T2i rig I think. I have a great letus hawk LCD viewfinder, a couple auto lenses a bunch of m42 adapters

Looking at the GH2 and getting more interested in it. Looking through videos shot with the GH2, I found these two for which they used a Voigtlander 25mm F 0.95.

A Journey through Vietnam - by Leon Visser

Home Cooking..avec le GH2! - by Philip Bloom.

The results look pretty drool-worthy to me.

But that lens is not cheap --like $1,199.00. This not the result of any kind of extensive shopping search though.

Looks like the price is the same on Adorama, B&H, and Amazon. Haven't looked on Ebay or in Adorama's or B&H's used stores yet etc.

Last edited:
Back